To change windows Virtual Memory follow these step:
- Open System by clicking the Start button, Right-Clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
- In the left panel, click Advanced system settings. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
- Click the Advanced Tab, and then, under Virtual Memory, click Change.
- Uncheck the Automatically Manage Paging File Size for all Drives Checkbox.
- Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
- Click Custom Size, type a new size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click Set, and then click OK.
Increases in size usually don’t require a restart for the changes to take effect, but if you decrease the size, you’ll need to restart your computer. We recommend that you don’t disable or delete the paging file.